Saturday, October 22, 2005

I have mentioned several times before on this blog and other places that Tomboy is one of the best software, not just for Linux but any OS, I have seen. The only glitch is that it only runs on Linux.

So, I have been experimenting with other note taking and productivity software for about a month as I use Ubuntu at home and Win at work. And finally, I think I found a pretty neat software: GTDTiddlywiki.

It's a Wiki on your desktop and does not require any server side software and is operating system independent as it mainly uses HTML and JavaScripts. And is accessed by browser -- Firefox, Opera, etc. It's been less than 24 hrs seen I started using it, but so far, I love it. It also exports the notes in XML, just like TomBoy. Not sure what the mimitations are i.e. size of this one file, etc. Maybe, I will post a question to the Tomboy forum and see if I can export files in XML from office and use it in Tomboy. Most likely, it won't be possible because of some additional functionalities in GTD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home